The Picks Best Overhead Drum Mics
Are you looking for the best Overhead Drum Mics but don’t know where to start? We have done much research and analysis to present the best Overhead Drum Mics available. There are various Overhead Drum Mics options on the market, and you can get surprising advantages from these products. They vary in price, quality, size, and feature.
This article will explore some of the top Overhead Drum Mics out there. This comes from Overhead Drum Micster going through numerous customer reviews, product reviews, and research into the specifications of the products. At the end of this review, you should be able to make an educated buying decision for one or multiple Overhead Drum Mics.
Best Overhead Drum Mics: Top 10 Compared
Top Overhead Drum Mics of Review:
- 1 x D112 MKII bass drum microphone 2 x C430 for overheads 4 x D40 for snare and toms Mounting accessories
- The Drum Set Concert I professional drum microphone set provides a complete collection of mics designed to withstand even the toughest stage environments
- Seven microphones and accessories come packed into a durable aluminum carrying case so you have everything you need to capture a complete drum kit—or mic bass and guitar amps percussion woodwinds and other instruments
- The collection features the latest version of the legendary D112 bass drum mic the compact C430 overhead mic and the popular D40 drum microphone
- Each features high maximum SPL handling and rugged metal casing to ensure great sound night after night
- D6 FOR KICK DRUM: The D6 has a frequency response of 30Hz-15kHz and is characterized with a cardioid pick-up pattern. The D6 is designed to sound good in any position and it is not dependent on finding the “sweet spot” of the drum. The D6 capsule features the same legendary VLM technology that has made the D series percussion and instrument microphones very popular for today’s live stages and recording studios.
- I5 FOR SNARE: The i5’s cardioid polar pattern allows it to focus on the specific instrument that is being miked while rejecting other instruments or ambient noise on stage. With a smooth and uniform frequency response of 50Hz-16kHz and an ability to handle sound pressure levels in excess of 140dB, the i5 can be used for a wide variety of applications and for all genres of music.
- TWO D2S FOR TOMS: For bringing out the real, dynamic sound of your drum toms and congas, nothing beats (pun intended) the D2! The D2 accurately reproduces the warmth and punch you listen for from percussion, leaving out the muddy, indistinct “boom” that can mar recording. The D2’s natural warmth also makes it a great mic for saxophones and other woodwinds requiring a true, sensitive, yet big, reproduction.
- D4 FOR FLOOR TOM: Make sure your sound’s low-end has that propulsive kick! The D4 really puts that extra “oomph” in your kick drum, bass amp, and other low instruments thanks to its flat, linear response. Since this kit comes with the D6, Audix’s premier kick drum mic, a good application for the D4 with this kit would be the floor tom.
- THREE ADX51S FOR OVERHEADS AND HI-HAT: The ADX51 is a pre-polarized condenser microphone designed to handle a wide variety of live, studio and broadcast applications. Characterized with a cardioid pickup pattern and a smooth uniform response over a frequency range of 40Hz-20kHz, the ADX51 is precision machined from solid brass with a low reflective black e-coat finish.
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern
- Gold-plated XLR connectors
- Carry Case & shock-mounted mic clips included
- Sold as stereo pair
- Samson Audio (Author)
- Gold-sputtered diaphragms ensure maximum reliability Every capsule is handcrafted and individually tuned Ultra-precision electrode design optimized for superb linearity and natural sonics Ultra-thin 3 micron gold-sputtered diaphragm for superior transients Sophisticated acoustic design with precision components
- Fit for any challenges in the studio or on stage, the sE8 is a brand new high-performance handcrafted small-diaphragm condenser, fresh from the labs at sE
- Its new hand-made capsule implements a sophisticated backplate design that provides a perfectly balanced sound, so it’s never harsh or aggressive – perfect for sources like high-hats and drum overheads
- It’s also one of the quietest small-capsule mics on the planet – and with the highest dynamic range and SPL handling in its class, along with attenuation pads and low-cut filters for superb flexibility, the sE8 is ready for any sounds you’re making, whether in the studio environment or demanding on-stage applications
- Two Switchable Pre-Attenuation Pads The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for brass instruments, snare drums, and more
- Nearly flat response from 40 Hz to 20 kHz and a supercardioid pattern
- Designed for demanding applications where extended frequency range, high SPL handling, fast transient response and small size are required
- Captures the shimmer and the contact of sticks, mallets and hands
- Phantom powering: 12 – 52 V / 3 mA
- Includes e 614, Microphone pouch and Microphone clip MZQ 100
- 7 high quality mics for drums and percussion
- Includes DFLEX clips for rim mounting
- Durable road worthy construction
- Heavy duty aluminum road case
- Overhead condensers provide detail and dimension
- Improved impulse response for faster and more accurate transients
- Shorter diaphragm settling time to prevent quieter attacks from being blurred by earlier loud attacks
- Extended frequency response to 25 kHz to capture a crisper and more realistic image
- Near perfect polar patterns that remain even across all frequencies and at any position within the pattern
- Includes 4 DM20 DrumMics, 4 RM1 RimMounts, 2 SR25 microphones, 1 SR20LS microphone, 3 microphone clips and rugged carrying case
- Serialized Stereo Microphones (pr)
- Small-diaphragm Matched
- Features of PRO-D7 KIT: Bass Drum Microphone: Steel grill, Aluminum body, Zinc alloy hardware, Fits any mic stands, Anti-wind filter inside the grill, Element: Dynamic, Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Frequency response is engineered to be perfect for kick drums, Studio quality performance make these perfect for recording or live shows, Sounds great even at high SPL levels, Rejection of unwanted noises, XLR Output, Integrated flexible mounting hardware, Large diaphragm delivers accurate low frequencies
- Frequency Response: 30Hz – 12KHz, Sensitivity: -58dB 5dB, Output Impendence: 600Ω 30%(at 1kHz), Microphone Length: 4. 72 inches, Microphone Max. Diameter: 2. 01 inches, Microphone Weight: 0. 77 Lbs. Snare Drum Microphone: Steel grill, Aluminum body, Zinc alloy hardware, Fits any mic stands, Anti-wind filter inside the grill, Element: Dynamic, Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Large diaphragm delivers accurate frequency response, Frequency response is engineered to be perfect for tom-toms and snare drums.
- Studio quality performance make these perfect for recording or live shows, Sounds great even at high SPL levels, Rejection of unwanted noises, XLR Output, Mounting hardware has a swivel joint with quick release latch for easy and flexible positioning, Frequency Response: 60Hz-13KHz, Sensitivity: -54dB 3dB (0dB=1V/Pa at 1KHz), Output Impendence: 600Ω 30% (at 1kHz), Microphone Length: 4. 53 inches, Microphone Max. Diameter: 1. 61 inches, Microphone Weight: 0. 44 Lbs.
- Overhead Condenser Microphones: Overhead cardioid condenser microphone, Steel grill, Aluminum body, Anti-wind filter inside the grill, Element: condenser, 16 MM large diameter cartridge has amazing sound, Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Large diaphragm delivers accurate frequency response, Frequency response is extremely flat and engineered to be perfect for cymbals and other drums, Studio quality performance make these perfect for recording or live shows, Sounds great even at high SPL levels.
- Rejection of unwanted noises, XLR Output, Mounting hardware has a swivel joint with quick release latch for easy and flexible positioning, Low mass diaphragm, Frequency Response: 70Hz-20KHz, Sensitivity: 13mV/Pa, Output Impendence: 2000 Ohms (at 1kHz), Max SPL: 127dB(at 1kHz=1% T. H. D), S/N ratio: 96dB, Power Supply: Phantom 48V or DC1. 5V, Microphone Length: 8. 46 inches, Microphone Max. Diameter: 1. 06 inches, Microphone Weight: 0. 22 Lbs.
- The industry standard for snare drum, and a reliable and high-performing choice for toms, Shure’s cardioid dynamic SM57 microphone features a contoured frequency response that cuts through the mix with exceptional impact, while reproducing sound accurately.
- Perfect for the kick drum, the supercardioid Beta 52A derives its low-end punch and sonic presence from a carefully tailored frequency response. Equipped with its own pneumatic shock mount, the Beta 52A is designed with an integral locking stand mount for quick-and-easy set up.
- Shure’s A56D universal drum mounting system can be used to position microphones virtually anywhere – on drum rims, microphone stands, even cymbal stands. Designed with captive parts to prevent the loss of individual pieces, the A56D is small, secure, and can be used with any standard microphone, making it a great tool for both stage and studio environments.
- Top quality microphones and an affordable price makes the Drum Mic Kit an exceptional value for the performing drummer.
- Suggested Applications: Kick Drum, Snare Drums , Rack/Floor Toms
How To Choose The Overhead Drum Mics
How do you choose the Overhead Drum Mics? You must consider many things, such as the brand name, price, and product quality. In addition, you should also consider whether it is suitable for your needs or not.
So how do you choose the right Overhead Drum Mics? Here are some tips that you can use to help you find a good product:
1. You first need to consider the product’s brand name. A good brand will always produce quality products, so a product with an established name should be good enough for your needs.
2. You need to consider the product’s price next. A high-quality product does not always mean that it will cost more, but if it costs too much, there must be something wrong, or nobody will buy it.
3. The final thing you need to look at is how well suited this item is for your needs and requirements and how well suited it is for others with similar requirements.
What you Should Keep in Mind When Buying Overhead Drum Mics
When shopping for Overhead Drum Mics, there are several things to consider. You need to think about the quality of the product, the price, and even how much it will benefit your life. However, you also need to keep these factors in mind:
Purchase from a reputable Brand
The finest product for you is that brand if you have your heart set on it. For instance, you should shop for a Samsung S9 phone online or at any other Samsung store if you wish to buy one.
Read reviews from others who have bought the product before. You must check what other customers have said about a product before buying it online, as this will help you determine whether it is worth buying or not. Suppose there are many positive reviews about an item and no negative ones. In that case, most people are happy with their purchase and would recommend it to others too.
Seal of approval
Look for the seal of approval. For example, look for the Energy Star seal if you’re shopping for a new printer. It indicates that the printer uses less energy than other models in its class.
It’s important to do your research before buying any new product. For example, check the minimum requirements listed on each model’s product page if you’re looking at laptops and want one with a larger hard drive. If they’re not listed, ask customer service or call the manufacturer directly before making your purchase.
Complete sure the website offers free shipping if you’re getting something online so that you don’t have to pay anything extra once you make your purchase. If the website doesn’t offer free shipping, think about making your purchase from a different site that does.
Many retailers offer extended warranties covering malfunctions, materials, or quality defects. If a product has this kind of coverage, it’s worth paying extra money upfront so that you don’t have to pay again later if something goes wrong with your purchase.
Ultimately, our Overhead Drum Mics reviews are designed to help you make a more informed purchasing decision. It’s much easier to decide when you know exactly what to look for and your options. We hope that this Keyword review article has helped. So if you’re looking for the best Overhead Drum Mics, we’re glad we could help. If you’re considering purchasing Overhead Drum Mics, we strongly recommend you look deeper at our top 10 Overhead Drum Mics reviews. Based on our research, we have found these excellent products to be well worth the money and should be able to meet your needs.