We Have A New Home!
This is your one stop place for updates on all things concerning our new facility. Please click the tabs below for specific information.
- Letter from Reece & Sarah
- Map to the New Location
- Questions & Answers
- Progress Report for the Month of April
- Videos & Pictures
Dear Church Family,
In February, 2017 we were pleased to announce the sale of our current building on Orchard Road and the purchase of our new facility only 1.5 miles away and just south of Arapahoe Road at the intersection of Galena and Costilla in Centennial. We are excited to begin this new chapter in our 57 year history!
Our present facility has been a tremendous blessing for over 27 years as headquarters for Marilyn Hickey Ministries, ORCC and Saving Moses. From this location, we have impacted for Christ millions of people locally and around the world. Our new campus will better meet our current and future requirements as we continue this vital mission.
When we move, our 51,000 square foot facility will include newly renovated spaces for worship, children’s and youth ministries, classrooms, gathering spaces for socializing, a community room/kitchen for larger meetings and events, offices and television production facilities. The new site also has vacant land with which to expand up to an additional 20,000 square feet as we grow. Our new campus will provide wonderful opportunities to revitalize and expand our mission to the Denver community and worldwide for years to come. Mark 16:15 And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.
We anticipate holding our first services at the Galena location this Fall, 2017. We look forward to communicating our progress through frequent updates to this web page, as well as in a variety of other ways in the months ahead. This is an exciting new chapter in our story and we’re expecting miracles, divine appointments, and open doors!
Reece and Sarah Bowing
Here are questions and answers about our relocation
Q&A: Why is it necessary to relocate the church and ministry?
Our church began over 57 years ago with 25 people in a tiny storefront building on Hampden. From there, the church grew and moved on as needs changed. Orchard Road is our fifth location. God led us to this place, and He did it supernaturally. We have been here for 27 years – almost half of the church’s life. This has been a blessed place, an amazing place from which millions – in this community and worldwide – have been reached for Christ. But much has changed in the nearly three decades since we moved here. In a nutshell, we are relocating to have a facility better suited to our current and future needs to be able to operate with greater efficiency, so that more funds can be focused on people (ministry and outreach), rather than our building.
Q&A: Tell me more about that – what’s changed and why will a new location serve us better?
There are 3 primary reasons, all having to do with economics and societal changes:
- More space than we now need – When we moved here, we had a K-12 school, a Bible College with dormitories, and a large, “mega”-sized sanctuary. These uses require a vast amount of space. Over the years, the schools were phased out to pursue other forms of Contemporary churches of our size nowadays are discovering that people are more attracted to smaller, more intimate sanctuaries and gathering spaces. Society and lifestyles have changed and continue to change. Our methods to reach people must evolve as well.
- Ministry operations have changed – 30 years ago, churches and ministries tended to hire staff to do everything in-house. Thus, we had a large staff and office space. This has changed dramatically with the advancement of technology and “out-sourcing.” Many roles we used to perform ourselves (e.g. warehousing and shipping of Marilyn’s teaching materials) are now contracted out to specialty firms which can do the job far more economically. This has further reduced our need for space.
- An aging facility in need of costly repairs – This property is 260,00 square feet and is very costly to clean and maintain. It is also over 30 years old, and many of its original systems life (e.g. heating/air conditioning, roof, concrete and parking structure) have exceeded their useful life. Restoration and repairs would cost millions, as would ongoing maintenance.
It is time to move on to a newer building which is “right-sized” and better-suited to the church’s future vision and space requirements.
Stay tuned for additional answers to questions.
FAQs–Check out this section in the days and months to come to find out “What’s Happening Now?” You will find progress reports, timelines, and exciting up-to-date news of the transition to our new home.
Stay tuned for more info.
An exciting process has begun that will prepare us to move into our new church home. The specific dates and times will fluctuate but a general time table would include the following:
1 – 2 months: Initial design process and the submission of plans to the City of Centennial for approval
2 – 8 months: Remodeling and reconstruction of the Galena facility
8 – 9 months: Moving of offices
By the end of 9 months: Moving to the new Worship Auditorium as we can begin to have worship services at our new church home
You have unique God-given gifts and talents. In matthew 25, Jesus encourages us not to bury our talents but to use them for the glory of God. We want to partner with you as you exercise your abilities, gifts and talents…and fulfill your destiny.
During the month of April this is what we are working on…